CMCI Emerging Voices 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS
The PhD student community at the Department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries (CMCI), in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities at King’s College London (KCL) is pleased to open the call for papers for our 6th annual conference.
- When: Thursday, 6th June 2019 – Friday, 7th June 2019
- Where: Bush House, King’s College London WC2B 4BG, London
- Fee: It’s free
- Abstract submission deadline: Wednesday, 13th March 2019
This year’s conference celebrates new and emerging directions in the research of culture, media and creative industries that challenge how we understand and see technological, environmental, political, institutional and aesthetic developments that are shaping our cultural landscape.
In particular we pose the question: how does your current research contribute to your field? Whether it is challenging how we think about existing structures, shaping how disciplines intersect through research, or revisiting established ideas; the aim of Emerging Voices is to present works that contribute to the research of CMCI in new ways.
We invite researchers and practitioners from diverse disciplinary backgrounds and with a particular interest in Culture, Media and Creative Industries to present original empirical, as well as theoretical research at this year’s CMCI Emerging Voices conference. We especially encourage submissions by PhD students and early career researchers.
Submissions may address, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Articulations of gender, race, class, age, ability, sexuality, etc. in media, culture and creative industries
- Audience engagement and participation
- Exclusion and inequality in culture and creative industries
- Collaborative practices across the creative industries
- Digital culture and everyday life
- Forming subjectivities through media and culture
- Cultural and social memory
- Semiotic and discursive mediations of culture and media
- Media and culture in a neoliberal age
- Transformations in the research of Culture, Media and Creative Industries
Please find more details in the attached cfp, or visit our website: http://cmciphd.com/