Call for Papers
On behalf of the ICOMOS International Wood Committee and ICOMOS-UK we invite papers to be presented at New Horizons, York 2018.
Papers are invited from both ICOMOS members and non-members. To propose a paper, please submit a concise one A4-page abstract as follows:
- Language: English
- Abstract length: Maximum 300 words
- Author’s biography summary: Maximum 100 words
- At the top of the abstract indicate: the chosen theme/ topic; the title of the paper; and three to five keywords that reflect the general theme of the paper; then
- Author’s name(s), any institutional affiliation and contact details (postal address, phone, fax, e-mail)
- If you are an ICOMOS member, your ICOMOS membership number and National Committee.
- No more than one abstract will be considered per author (unless for the second abstract you are not the principal author).
- Abstracts should be emailed to: IIWCYork@gmail.com
Timetable for submission of abstracts and papers:
- 2 March 2018: Call for Papers:
- 15 May 2018: Deadline for submission of Abstracts
- 12 June 2018: Selected speakers notified of their selection
- 12 -15 September 2018: ‘New Horizons’ – IIWC Symposium York 2018
- Abstracts sent after the deadline will not be considered.
Selection and Review Process
The Selection Committee will review the abstracts. It will then select abstracts for papers to be presented at the symposium and for publication on the IIWC website (possibly for both). The selected speakers will be invited to submit fully referenced 2,500-word papers with illustrations after the Symposium for publication on the IIWC website. Guidelines for paper presentations will be emailed to the selected presenters.
To facilitate broader discussion of the themes, a further number of abstracts will be selected (and notified) to present posters for display during the Symposium on stands or electronic screens. Poster Presenters may be invited to personally present if a Speaker Presenter drops out unexpectedly.
Selection Committee: Tina Wik ((ICOMOS Sweden), Mikel Landa (ICOMOS Spain), Doug Evans and Maggie Henderson (ICOMOS UK).
Symposium Organising Committee: Doug Evans, IIWC Vice-President (Europe), Tina Wik IIWC General Secretary, Dana Challinor (ICOMOS UK), Susan Denyer Secretary ICOMOS-UK, and Anthea Longo ICOMOS-UK.